Monday, November 2, 2015

Updose #12

Crazy stuff!  Today Beck was upped to 500 mg peanut flour.  This is the equivalent to 1 peanut.
It is still packaged in the capsules like I showed in a previous post, only, the capsules are really big now!

100mg peanut flour capsule and 500 mg peanut flour capsule compared to a penny.  :)


During his dose at the Dr's today he gagged, and had a hard time getting the concoction down.  We were out of pudding, so he had to mix it with applesauce.  And, in this amount of peanut flour, I will admit, it didn't look appetizing.  But, he powered through it.

Tonight, he was able to mix it into his chocolate pudding.  I lifted the mixture to my nose and was almost overcome by how potent the peanut smelled.  Under my tongue immediately started to water.  PEANUT!  He's at actual amounts that taste and smell like peanut.  That is miraculous to me.

One other boy that gets up dosed the same time as us had his first real cashew today.  Didn't go so well.  I think it was mostly psychological, but as he chewed one bite, he got this look on his face, and then up it all came...throwing up multiple times.  :(

These kids that have suffered from these allergies so long, have true anxiety.  It's hard to see.

So, next week Beck gets 1 actual peanut.  I am prepared for a situation like our little cashew friend had today.  If it doesn't go well, I have ordered a mortar and pestle so I can grind up the peanut and still put it in pudding if needs be...

2 comments:

  1. I am so amazed at the miraculouness of this. What a huge blessing is taking place.
    Beck we love you! Keep up the great work. This is part of your missionary preparedness!
    Love, Your ever-lovin' Grandma Walton

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously amazing! We will be praying that the peanut goes down smoothly next week :).
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete