Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 3

Today was basically a repeat of yesterday, just a little higher doses!

Today we went from about 1/5,000 of a peanut up to 1/100th of a peanut!  He had a total of 11 doses today, every 15 minutes, just like yesterday.  Beck had no reactions today, yipee!


(tough life sitting in a waiting room for 5 hours and playing video games)


We were sent home with our home doses for the next 10 days.  We don't anticipate going back to the Dr. until August 10.

Each day we will be giving him the 1/100th of a peanut - once in the morning, once in the evening, about 12 hours apart.  This is now when the 'no activity that elevates body temperature or heart rate' comes in as difficult.  :)  No major activity 1/2 hour before dose, and 2-4 hours after dose...  On August 10 we will return for our new updose dosage.

----------

As an interesting side note for today:  The home-dosing solution (which is the peanut flour in a liquid solution) must be refrigerated.  We had strict instructions yesterday that if it goes unrefrigerated for more than 15 minutes it is ruinied.  Well, we live over an hour from the Dr's office.  Today as we left, they handed us our home dose bottle in a little insulated bag.  I didn't even open it, I simply took it and we left.  When we got home, as I unloaded it into the fridge I realized the bottle was room temperature - definitely not 'cool' or refrigerated.  There hadn't been any ice in my cooler.  :(  I called the office to see what to do.  I think it was a combination of a new situation and the staff not remembering I don't live right down the road, and me not double checking for ice, etc.  Anyway, long story short, we had to get more medicine - the stuff we had was ruined.  One of the nurses met up with Scott after work and gave him the new solution, which was very kind as Scott was in Salt Lake, so it saved me 2.5-3 hours driving back to Layton!

Incase you're curious, as I know I would be, this is what the home dose bottle looks like.  Must be kept in the fridge.  You must shake it well, as the solution separates over time and settles in the bottom.  Then, simply insert the syringe and draw up the mL amount you're instructed.






No comments:

Post a Comment