Friday, April 1, 2016

Predicament

Beck had a track meet today.  They left the school around 10:30 am so I assumed they'd be home around 6-7.  I didn't think to put his nightly peanut dose in his bag.  I should've known better.

As 8pm rolled around and the meet was just ending, I started to get worried about his nightly dose.  He was a few hours away, and I knew they wouldn't be home before 9 (which is the latest you can take your dose.)

I was able to get a hold of one of the teachers / track coach.  He stood up on the bus and said, "Does anyone have any peanuts?"  Miranda raised her hand, and had a small bag of planters regular peanuts.  Perfect!

Beck said he's never taken his dose so fast.  The whole school bus of high schoolers watching him, and cheering his name, he took the handful, threw them in his mouth, chewed and swallowed.

That's what I'm talkin' about!  Do that everyday!  :)

Made me smile to think how awesome this is.  His "medicine" is a food most people eat every day.  We don't have to worry about going to a pharmacy, or having expensive co-pays, or shots, or refrigeration, or anything.  It's as simple as a bag of peanuts.  So cool.  So fun that a schoolmate was able to help him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment