Friday, August 21, 2015

The Flu

The flu hit our house this week.  We had lots of cousins visiting, and 10/11 kids were throwing up within a 2 day period...

Beck got it Thursday late afternoon.  Any illness (fever, vomitting, cold, etc) are supposed to be reported to the staff.  Since he wasn't able to keep any food down, I called the Dr.'s office to see what to do about his evening dose.  We normally dose at 7pm.

I am sure each case is different, and I'm sure it depends on which concentration you are on as to what they will tell you to do.  In our case, they had Beck skip his evening dose, and I was told to call back in the morning for instructions for his morning dose.

This morning he was able to tolerate breakfast, so they instructed us to continue on with his normal 6mL dose.  I've heard often times you may move 'back' a little in dosing to then reach your updose again.  In that he's had no reactions, and he only missed one evening dose, and he's only at 6mL of the liquid, I'm guessing it wasn't enough to make him need to backtrack.

Great news!  Glad it was a fast flu bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment